The Dyna Comp Bass Compressor delivers the most iconic compression sound in music history, tweaked and tuned just for bass players. Built around the classic CA3080 “metal can” integrated circuit for its quiet operation, superior transparency, and increased dynamic range, this pedal comes with all the controls you need to shape your compressed sound in no time at all.
The heroes of the Dyna Comp Bass Compressor’s interface are the Clean and Tone controls. The Clean control lets you add in your unaffected bass signal so that you can maintain low end integrity, while the Tone control adjusts the upper mid-range to retain the tonal dynamics of your bass. Familiar Output and Sensitivity controls set volume level and the length of sustain, while the Attack switch toggles between a vintage style slow attack time and a modern style fast attack time.
And you know what? It all comes in an MXR mini housing, so making room for it on your pedalboard will be a cinch.
The Dyna Comp Bass Compressor pedal can be powered by a Dunlop ECB003 9-volt adapter, or the DC Brick, Iso-Brick, and Mini Iso-Brick power supplies (sold separately). This pedal cannot be powered by a battery.
- OUTPUT knob adjusts volume of compressed signal
- CLEAN knob adjusts wet/dry signal mix added to the compressor’s output
- SENSITIVITY knob adjusts sustain time
- ATTACK switch toggles between slow & fast attack times
- TONE knob cuts/boosts mid-range at 1kHz
- FOOTSWITCH toggles effect on/bypass (blue LED indicates on)
- Dunlop MXR M282 Sugar Drive Effects Pedal
- The classic Dyna Comp Compressor sound, retuned for bass
- Clean control lets you add in your dry tone for low-end integrity
- Tone control adjusts upper mids to retain tonal dynamics
- Attack switch toggles between vintage-style slow attack time and modern fast attack
- Output and Sensitivity controls set volume level and length of sustain
- 9V DC power supply (not included)
- UPC: 710137111967
- MPN: M282