Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjos because there were no low priced banjos of enough quality for people to actually learn on, without difficulty or giving up. He remembers what it was like to want a good banjo and not be able to afford one, so his gift to others is the Goodtime banjo line.
Made in the USA at the Deering factory with the same tooling used to make their top of the line banjos, the Deering Goodtime banjos are the lowest priced and highest quality American made banjos on the market! If you want a top quality reasonably priced banjo, the Goodtime Two Banjo is the one for you! This is the best buy on the market!
Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! The Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim. The Goodtime Two banjo is enhanced for more projection of sound by including the back of the banjo, called a resonator, which projects the sound to the audience.
The Goodtime Two weighs 6 lbs - about the weight of a guitar. The Goodtime Two has a natural blonde maple rim with a satin finish to protect it. The rich, golden tone and the reverberation off the resonator sound great. You can definitely tell a volume difference between an open back banjo and the Goodtime Two resonator banjo. The sound waves aren't getting trapped between you and the banjo, which makes a pretty big difference. If you want a great low priced bluegrass banjo for travel and leisure that plays correctly and is durable, this is the best buy on the market!
- Made By Hand In the U.S.A. - Goodtime banjos are made in the same shop as all of the Deering banjos. Located in Spring Valley, CA, highly skilled craftsmen make every banjo with the same attention to detail that Deering is known for. You can be sure your Goodtime banjo will arrive ready to play!
- 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim - The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade 3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
- Rock Maple Neck - This fine grained, dense, extremely hard, wood creates a stable neck, and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime banjo tone.
- Sealed Geared Tuners - Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning the Goodtime banjo easy, accurate and fun. Too many student banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, so the students blame themselves for an out of tune banjo when it’s the tuner that is at fault.
- Deering Goodtime Smile Bridge -The responsive sensitivity of the maple, with the hard, dense ebony top contributes to the Goodtime banjos clear, resonant responsiveness.
- Quiet Tailpiece - Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from making “its own sound” and muddying up the banjo’s tone. The violin maple rim is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece.
- Stability Enhancing J-Hooks - The proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
- Quiet Coordinator Rod - Made of special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
- The Best Banjo To Learn On - Teachers look critically at a banjo because they want their students to be successful. Viewed from a teacher’s eye, he/she requires a banjo to be constructed with musical accuracy, ease of playability, adjustability, and durability. Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo for greater success in learning to play.
- Deering Goodtime 2 Banjo/Resonator 5-String
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings
- Has a bright sound of maple that projects
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation
- Comes with light gauge strings
- Can be played with medium gauge strings as well
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Exotic Wood Bowtie Inlays
- Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 3-ply Violin Grade Goodtime Maple Rim
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Hex Nuts
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Resonator: Blonde Maple, Black Binding, Durable Satin Finish
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26.25"
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs
- Triangle Box for Carrying
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case Sold Separately
- 6 Year Warranty
- UPC: 840394012001
- MPN: GDT-G2