Made in the USA at the Deering factory with the same tooling used to make their top of the line banjos, the Deering Goodtime banjos are the lowest priced and highest quality American made banjos on the market! If you want a top quality reasonably priced banjo, the Goodtime Openback 5-String Banjo is the one for you!
Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! The Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim. Weighing in at only 4 pounds, the light weight makes it ideal for both children and adults to play. This also makes it easy and convenient to travel with, so take it with you camping, hiking, to the beach or to your next gig. Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo for greater success in learning to play.
- Made By Hand In the U.S.A. - Goodtime banjos are made in the same shop as all of the Deering banjos. Located in Spring Valley, CA, highly skilled craftsmen make every banjo with the same attention to detail that Deering is known for. You can be sure your Goodtime banjo will arrive ready to play!
- 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim - The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade 3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
- Rock Maple Neck - This fine grained, dense, extremely hard, wood creates a stable neck, and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime banjo tone.
- Sealed Geared Tuners - Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning the Goodtime banjo easy, accurate and fun. Too many student banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, so the students blame themselves for an out of tune banjo when it’s the tuner that is at fault.
- Deering Goodtime Smile Bridge -The responsive sensitivity of the maple, with the hard, dense ebony top contributes to the Goodtime banjos clear, resonant responsiveness.
- Quiet Tailpiece - Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from making “its own sound” and muddying up the banjo’s tone. The violin maple rim is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece.
- Stability Enhancing J-Hooks - The proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
- Quiet Coordinator Rod - Made of special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
- The Best Banjo To Learn On - Teachers look critically at a banjo because they want their students to be successful. Viewed from a teacher’s eye, he/she requires a banjo to be constructed with musical accuracy, ease of playability, adjustability, and durability. Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo for greater success in learning to play.
- Deering Goodtime Openback 5-String Banjo
- Openback Body
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Triangle Goodtime Box for Carrying
- Gig bag or Hardshell Case sold separately
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2"
- Weight Approx. 4.5 lbs
- 6 year warranty
- UPC: 840394011004
- MPN: GDT-G