Deering Goodtime Americana 5-String Openback Banjo with Grand 12” Rim, Natural Blonde Maple
Take a walk on the wide side with the new Goodtime Americana banjo!
The Deering Goodtime Americana is the first 5-string banjo from Deering to be fitted with their new Grand 12” rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12” Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically.
Continuing the long standing Goodtime philosophy of offering the best value American made banjos available, the Americana is the lowest priced 12” model on the market today and retains the distinctive natural blonde Goodtime aesthetics. In keeping with the rest of the Goodtime line, this banjo also features guitar style tuners, a rock maple neck, nickel plated hardware, and hardwood inlays.
Played with an old time style technique, the Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12” a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11” banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will “cut” more. Since the combination of the Grand 12” rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
New Grand 12" Rim - Full, Fat Tone:
The new wider Grand 12" rim found on the Goodtime Americana emphasizes the bass response and gives the banjo an unmistakeble tone.
Renaissance Head - Warm Tone:
The renaissance head complements the Grand 12" rim on the Goodtime Americana to further enhance this banjo's sweet, warm tone.
Engraved Peghead Americana:
Beautiful engraved peghead featuring the Americana name, Goodtime logo, and scrollwork design
- Deering Goodtime Americana
- 5-String Openback Banjo
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- New 12" Grand Rim - Full, Fat Tone
- New Renaisance Head - Warm Tone
- 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Engraved Peghead Americana
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Rim Diameter 12"
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2"
- Weight Approx. 4.5 lbs
- 6 year warranty
- UPC: 840394011073
- MPN: GDT-GAM
Customers also viewed