The Recording King Madison RK-R35 gives banjo players the option of a high-quality, great-sounding banjo with a classic Mastertone-style tone ring and flange.
The RK-R35 is built around a 3-ply steam bent maple rim, from the exact same construction and materials used in the best-selling RK-R80. It has a maple neck with an adjustable two-way truss rod and a comfortable padauk fretboard. With a 24-hook brass tension hoop, players can adjust the head tension as precisely as on any world-class banjo. The planetary tuners, geared 5th peg and dual coordinator rods are effective professional components, and add an authentic feel to these impressive banjos.
The Madison RK-R35 has a maple resonator with a hand-rubbed brown matte finish. We build it with a Mastertone-style bell brass cast tone ring and a Mastertone-style one-piece flange. The Madison peghead and fretboard feature our Seagull inlay, for a banjo that looks as classic as it sounds.
The American threaded nickel-plated hook and nut hardware, as well as the true presto-style tailpiece and armrest are the same as featured on the popular RK-Scout. Like the other Madison banjos, the Madison Deluxe comes standard with an authentic Remo head.
About Recording King:
Beginning as a house brand in the 1930's for Montgomery Ward, Recording King acoustic guitars and banjos were developed during the Golden Age of musical craftsmanship, a period that resulted in some of the most well-respected and sought-after fretted acoustic instruments available. Building on this piece of American history, our Recording King instruments uphold the name's historic legacy using vintage designs and hand-assembled parts. Our instruments have the look, feel and sound of the classic models with impeccable workmanship and enhancements for contemporary players. All Recording King models are made for the long-term - you can hand a Recording King instrument down from generation to generation. This is what we strive for in each handmade model.
- Recording King Madison 5-String Resonator Banjo w/ Tone Ring
- Resonator: Maple
- Rim: 3-Ply Steam Bent Maple
- Flange: Mastertone-style One-piece
- Head: Remo Frosted Head, 11" High Crown
- Tone Ring: Mastertone-style Bell Brass Cast
- Tension Hoop: 24 Bracket Notched; Round American Threaded Hooks and Nuts
- Coordinator Rod(s): Dual
- Neck: Maple with Adjustable Truss Rod
- Fretboard: Padauk
- Hardware: Nickel-Plated
- Tailpiece: Presto-Style
- Bridge: Maple / Ebony; 5/8"
- Nut: Bone
- Fret Markers: Seagull Inlay
- Inlay: Seagull
- Peghead: Recording King Madison
- Overlay: Black Peghead Overlay with Mother of Pearl Inlay
- Tuners: Planetary Ivory Button
- Binding: Resonator; Ivoroid
- Scale Length: 26-1/4"
- Armrest: Included
- Finish: Hand-Rubbed Brown Satin Matte
- UPC: 840246031792
- MPN: RK-R35-BR