Deering Artisan Goodtime Americana 5-String Open Back Banjo - Made in USA
Launched in early 2016, the Deering Artisan Goodtime banjos replace the much loved Deering Classic Goodtime banjos. The Artisan Goodtimes are in improved design over the Classic Goodtimes. The Artisan Goodtimes feature a separate Midnight Maple™ fingerboard which improves the playability, looks, and tone.
The stunning new Deering GDT-AAM Artisan Goodtime Americana Banjo embodies Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day. So with improved tooling and a higher than normal dose of creativity, we bid farewell to our old friend the Classic Goodtime and welcome with open arms the stunning aesthetic of the new Artisan Goodtime Banjos.
Like the Original Deering Goodtime Americana, the new Artisan Goodtime Americana 5-string banjo is fitted with their new Grand 12” rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12” Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically.
The familiar rich dark brown stain, planetary tuning pegs and the addition of 5th string spikes at frets 7, 9, 10 for alternate tunings allows this light weight maple banjo to exceed the features customers wanted and needed. The violin-grade maple rim is made of the same wood used on the professional level Deering models and gives the Goodtime banjo a rich, full, round note distinction.
Light weight enough to travel with, convenient enough to keep by your easy chair at home, the Goodtime Artisan is great for hours of practice with a neck that is both comfortable to play and accurate to fret. This Goodtime banjo is not only beautiful to look at but will bring you hours of musical enjoyment.
- NEW GRAND 12" RIM - FULL, FAT TONE: The new wider Grand 12" rim found on the Goodtime Americana emphasizes the bass response and gives the banjo an unmistakeble tone.
- RENAISSANCE HEAD - WARM TONE: The renaissance head complements the Grand 12" rim on the Goodtime Americana to further enhance this banjo's sweet, warm tone.
- ENGRAVED PEGHEAD AMERICANA: Beautiful engraved peghead featuring the Americana name, Goodtime logo, and scrollwork design.
- Deering Artisan Goodtime Banjo
- 5-String Openback
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Americana Engraved Peghead
- Deering Peghead shape
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- Steel Tension Hoop
- New 12" Grand Rim - Full, Fat Tone
- New Renaissance Head - Warm Tone
- A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32? Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Durable Satin Finish
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4?
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4?
- Rim Diameter 12?
- Overall Instrument Length 37.5?
- Weight Approx. 4.5 lbs
- 6 Year Warranty
- UPC: 840394011646
- MPN: GDT-AAM
Customers also viewed