Designed by Greg Rich and inspired by the pioneering designs of the Golden Age, guitars and mandolins by The Loar combine expert craftsmanship and classic designs with upgraded features to appeal to todays players. From premium tonewoods to original inlay detailing, each instrument is made for the best sound, playability and timeless beauty. The Loar pays homage to instruments from the 1920s and 30s, an age of outstanding craftsmanship and innovative design. The Loar revives this tradition to bring you the best-sounding, most beautifully crafted instruments available today.
The Loars new hand carved, nitrocellulose-finished archtop cutaway guitar offers an excellent option for traditional jazz guitarists who want to make the classic archtop sound heard clearly for ensemble playing. The Kent Armstrong floating pickup amplifies the sweet natural tone of the hand-carved spruce top, while the Florentine cutaway allows unrestricted access to the upper frets, making the LH-650 perfect for either soloing or accompaniment.
The Loar Hand Carved Archtop Cutaway Guitar is assembled with a solid hand carved spruce top and solid figured maple back, sides and neck. The bone nut and compensated adjustable ebony bridge let the sound of the select tonewoods resonate clearly, and the bound rosewood fretboard is both beautiful and durable. The bound pickguard with a single volume knob adds to the vintage look and feel. The archtop is finished with a meticulously inlaid mother-of-pearl Fleur-de-Lys headstock design and a hand-buffed nitrocellulose lacquer tobacco sunburst finish to stay true to classic design and style. The LH-650 comes standard with a Loar logo-embroidered featherweight case.
- The Loar LH-650 Hand-Carved Archtop
- 6 String Florentine Cutaway Acoustic-Electric
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Hand-Carved Flamed Maple Back and Flamed Maple sides
- Neck: 1-piece Mahogany, Vintage "V" Profile, MOP Inlay Markers
- Fretboard: Bound Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Abalone Fleur-de-Lys
- Finish Type: Nitrocellulose
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst, Black, and Natural
- Tuning Machines: Grover Open-Geared Butterbean
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Truss Rod: Compression
- Frets: 19
- Binding: Ivory
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Ebony
- Upper Bout: 11-1/2"
- Lower Bout: 16"
- Nut Width: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Depth: 3-3/4"
- Body Length: 20-1/4"
- Total Length: 40-1/2"
- Pickup: Kent Armstrong Humbucking
- Included: Featherweight Case with "The Loar" Embroidery
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- UPC: 840246029171
- MPN: LH-650-VS