Tascam TM-280 Studio Condenser Microphone with Flight Case, Shockmount, and Pop Filter
TASCAM's TM-280 is a high-performance, studio quality condenser microphone that features a switchable, high-pass filter that allows the user to reduce rumble and eliminate low frequency energy when needed and 10dB pad that drops the input volume when your signal is loud enough to distort the recording.
These features, when combined with the pure gold-sputtered diaphragm, allows the TM-280 to gracefully capture performances ranging from a delicate acoustic session to the powerful levels of electric guitars, horns, percussion and drum kit overheads. And, while the TM-280 may be complex and sensitive on the inside, it is tough on the outside and built to last. Its premium components are protected by a durable internal construction on a stout framework, then encased in an aluminum shell and sturdy microphone mesh.
TASCAM has also ensured that this mic comes ready to rock by including a well-engineered shockmount with an integrated pop screen and a protective flight case.
Condenser vs. Dynamic Microphones
TM-280 is a condenser-type microphone, which is quite different from a dynamic microphone that is typically used in live performances. The diaphragm essentially works with pneumatic vibrations. Inside of a dynamic microphone, the voice coil operates with the diaphragm, which increases the weight of the entire part. On the other hand, a condenser microphone incorporates a diaphragm in the either side of the electrode in an electrical part referred to as condenser, achieving a lightweight structure. This allows excellent follow-up performance, greatly contributing to high-precision sound. Thus, the mechanism to convert sound into electrical signals is different between the two: Dynamic microphones are powered by electromagnetic induction whereas condenser microphones take out static signals. To give condenser microphones the potential difference, power supply is required.
- Tascam Studio Microphone
- Large, gold-plated 34mm diaphragm provides high sensitivity, low noise, and pristine clarity
- Cardioid (unidirectional) polar pattern provides precise directional focus and increases the rejection of signal bleed
- 80dB SN ratio ensures ultra low-noise operation
- 10dB switch to help prevent clipping when recording high level sources
- Low-cut filter switch to eliminate low-end noise for a cleaner mix
- Included suspension shockmount and pop filter eliminate plosives and reduce unwanted traffic noise
- Heavy-duty, rock-solid flight case to protect your investment
- 5/8" to 3/8" conversion adapter included
- Dimensions: 1.98" x 7/4"
- Weight: 14.7 oz
- UPC: 043774032785
- MPN: TM-280
Customers also viewed
Recording King ROS-11-FE3 Series 11 Acoustic Electric 14-Fret 000-Style Body Guitar, Transparent Brownburst