Part of our Tonewood Reserve Series, the Recording King RD-318 evokes classic dreadnought style, sound and volume thanks to hand-selected tonewoods and vintage styling.
The foundation of the 318’s tone comes from solid Adirondack spruce tops that we've been naturally aging for the past 30 years. Adirondack’s excellent projection, coupled with three decades of curing delivers a stiff, loud, lightweight top with powerful fundamental tone.
Combine the aged tops with solid Mahogany back and sides, and you have the all-solid basics for guitars that have powered genres like bluegrass and country for decades.
We finish the 318 with classy, low-key fretboard dots on the rosewood fretboard, and a vintage-style black pickguard to protect the top. The 318’s classic rosette design and tortoise binding complete the traditional look.
For players that need the power and volume that only a dreadnought can provide, but still want the warmth and vibrancy that comes with aged tonewoods, the RD-318 offers the best of both worlds at a fraction of the price of a vintage instrument
- Recording King All Solid Adriondack Top Acoustic Guitar
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Top Material: Solid Adirondack Spruce, 30 Year Aged
- Back Material: Solid African Mahogany
- Side Materials: Solid African Mahogany
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X
- Top Braces: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Material: Mahogany, 1 Piece
- Neck Profile: Thin V
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: None
- Tuning Machines: Grover Open Gear Butterbean
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: 3 Ring Vintage
- Top Purfling: Black/White
- Fretboard Inlays: MOP Dots
- Fretboard Binding: None
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Shape: Belly Bridge
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge Pins & Endpin: Ivory Plastic with Black Dot
- Pickguard: Black
- Finish: Gloss
- Electronics: None
- Color: Natural
- UPC: 840246041531
- MPN: RD-318