C.B. Gitty American Canjo One-String Tin Can Banjo DIY Kit with All Parts and Hardware Included to Build it Yourself
The one-string Canjo Kit is an acoustic tin can banjo instrument, offered under the American Canjo Company brand by C. B. Gitty. Each of these instrument kits include a fretted neck that is hand-made in the C. B. Gitty workshops in New Hampshire, USA. They are fun and easy build and even easier to play, and look great - all at a great price. Also included is a 5-page assembly booklet and a free 2-page "How-to-Play" guide by C. B. Gitty, along with two picks and a spare string.
These canjo kits feature handmade hardwood necks with nickel-silver frets. Once built, the instrument is strung with an unwound plain steel string of .012" gauge tuned to either high C or D. The special metal cans are labeled with a custom-designed automotive-grade vinyl American Canjo Company decal.
This instrument is fretted diatonically (like a dulcimer), which means that all of the "in between" notes are left out - so it is almost impossible to hit a "wrong" note on it. It puts out a great twangy sound, perfect for practicing or back porch pickin'.
This kit includes the following:
- (1) 5-Page Instruction booklet with bonus 2 page "How-to-Play" Guide
- (1) Metal can with custom automotive-grade vinyl decal
- (1) Pre-drilled and fretted Canjo Neck
- (1) Vintage-style tuner/machine head
- (1) #4 brass finishing washer
- (4) #1 x ?" (10mm) mounting screws
- (1) #2 x ¼" (6mm) slotted pan-head screw
- (2) .012" plain steel strings (1 spare)
- (2) Guitar Picks
- Easily build a one-string canjo (tin banjo) instrument
- Kit comes with everything you need - fretted neck, resonator can, hardware, string & how-to guide
- Canjos are fun and easy to play - they are fretted like a dulcimer (diatonically) - no "sour" notes are possible!
- The softwood, fretted instrument neck is made in the USA!
- Great ringing acoustic sound, fun for children and adults, with many online how-to-play resources
- Fretting: Diatonic
- Overall Length: 27 3/4"
- Scale Length: 24 1/2"
- Can Size: 5.5" Long x 2.5" Diameter
- UPC: 602589220321
- MPN: 36-010-01